Thursday, June 24, 2010

Install Pokemon Red Ti-84

The backpack girl


I was in a chic department store in Saigon, before a cosmetics counter, with his hand in a jar of cream $ 60, to wonder: will I really pay the equivalent of three nights for a jar of cream of my day? Before going further, a caveat: male readers may find this text futile and uninteresting. It deals with the vicissitudes of backpacking, with a small budget, for a woman. He evokes the difficulty of just a VERY small closet for eight months and not being able to count on our jars of fragrant concoctions to lift our spirits after a hard day. Nothing to interest men ... But I know the readers will understand and sympathize with me.
I limited my personal effects up for this trip. When we have to drag a first aid kit to the size of a box of 12, textbooks, children's books, coloring books, pencils and other colors that make a pile 10 cm high, a computer, three cameras and a bag full of chargers and son, plus clothing and footwear essential for four people (walking shoes, street shoes, sandals, raincoats, fleece, etc..) in two backpacks and a small cabin bag, there remains not much room for vanity. (And I forget: a bed net, a game of Uno, travel towels, flashlights, a clothesline, etc..). That does not leave much room for the memories, which is why we returned to Montreal in the mail five packages, plus a big bag left with my sister in law, came to spend the Christmas holidays with us in Thailand.


Initially, I had in my bag two dresses, two pairs of pants, two skirts, five tops, a jacket, plus warm clothing which we needed in Nepal, in northern Vietnam and northern Yunnan, China. In good traveler, I did not bring jeans: it's heavy, it washes easily by hand, it takes forever to dry ... Then, in Kathmandu, when it was between 10 and 15 degrees, I could not stand to walk into town pants outdoors. So I bought jeans Nepal (which I then sent in a parcel when it started to go 40 degrees in the south of Vietnam). I bought more new clothes along the way, but I returned the same amount in Montreal (as Marco and girls). At least there was some rotation, it has not had the same thing on his back throughout the journey ...
Items Beauty, I brought in smaller sizes that I replaced along the way - I'm not such a great consumer of beauty products, anyway. But I brought a big pot of my moisturizer with sunscreen, to whom I trusted for years to protect my skin red. It still took six months - and it would have longer if my boyfriend had not used in secret ... But once arrived at the bottom of the pot, I reviewed the options: to blow the budget by buying the same cream, or find an alternative. The problem is that throughout Asia, most moisturizers - Especially the less expensive - contain bleaching agents. I had a text on the subject in Thailand to Protect You
; the same thing in Vietnam, where people have yet much clearer skin. I do not want a cream that whitens the skin. In the supermarket where I first looked, there was not one without cream bleach. So I just had to buy cream for $ 60? No, I resisted, and after much research, I am folded on sunscreen for the face, to $ 8.

Anyway, no need to spend a fortune in cosmetics: my skin has never been so beautiful that during this trip. Is the stress of 9 to 5 and the cold of Montreal were particularly bad for my skin? Or is it that while traveling, the heat and lack of time have a beneficial effect? We will return if I still need $ 60 cream - and especially if I still afford to pay me ...

activities good for the complexion:



Bicycle in rice fields in Tam Coc, Vietnam



Nap on a junk in Halong Bay


Sandcastle at Paradise Resort in South Vietnam


Sea Kayaking in Paradise Resort

0 comments:

Post a Comment